ROAD TRIP TO THE NORTH COAST
THROUGH THE FINEST OF OREGON WINE COUNTRY
Make the most of your drive from Portland to Headlands Coastal Lodge & Spa with a curated and memorable route through Oregon’s famed Willamette Valley.
From Portland take I-5 South to exit 289, Nyberg Street, toward Tualatin – Sherwood Road, then wind your way through the Willamette Valley to discover these locally owned gems.
STOP 1: Symposium Coffee – 22461 SW Pine St. Sherwood, OR 97140
- Fuel up for your road trip to the coast with a stop at Symposium Coffee & Whiskey House in the quaint town of Sherwood. This craftsman–bungalow–turned–coffee–shop offers specialties including lavender lattes, cardamon lattes, and a delicious chili mocha featuring beans from Portland’s own Stumptown Coffee Roasters and Coava Coffee Roasters. Enjoy a selection of pastries and sandwiches that cater to multiple dietary needs, including gluten-free and dairy-free.
STOP 2: Wolves and People Farmhouse Brewery – 30203 NE Benjamin Rd. Newberg, OR 97132
- Wolves and People Farmhouse Brewery situated on the childhood farm of owner Christian DeBenedetti, is a must–stop as you wind your way through wine country to the coast. This small independent brewery features artisan wood-aged, wild, and farmhouse-style beers. Take in the sun and the Willamette Valley’s spectacular views from their outdoor beer garden. Enjoy the farmhouse beers on tap and pick up a six-pack or two to enjoy at the coast.
STOP 3: Briar Rose Creamery – 19231 NE Fariview Dr. Dundee, OR 97115
- Located in the hills above Dundee, Oregon, Briar Rose Creamery crafts award-winning handmade cheeses in the Pinot Noir vineyard/ Yamhill county forest region. A small team of artisan cheesemakers create a wide variety of beautiful cheeses for you to indulge in at their Farm Store. Choose from a soft, bloomy rind, Guernsey cow’s milk cheese, or a Fromage Blanc made from organic Ayshire cow’s milk. Be sure to pick up their award-winning Chocolate Truffles during your visit!
STOP 4: Red Hills Market – 155 SW 7th St. Dundee, OR 97115
- Continue your culinary adventure through the Willamette Valley with a stop at the inviting Red Hills Market. A short six-minute drive from Briar Rose Creamery, Red Hills Market offers yummy wood-fired pizzas, fresh made-to-order sandwiches and a relaxing atmosphere that encourages you to stay awhile. Grab a glass of wine and wander through a selection of goodies and merchandise that celebrates the bounty of the market’s fertile surroundings.
STOP 5: Sokol Blosser – 5000 NE Sokol Blosser Ln. Dayton, OR 97114
- Take in the spectacular views from the well-appointed modern tasting room of one of Oregon’s most famous winemakers, Sokol Blosser. Perched high above the Pinot Noir vineyards, Sokol Blosser is family-owned and has remained passionately committed to the family legacy of creating world-class wines since1971. Enjoy wine tasting on their patio with a glass of their award-winning 2019 Estate Rosé or the house favorite, Dundee Hills Pinot Noir.
From Sokol Blosser, it’s a short ninety-minute drive to Headlands Coastal Lodge & Spa in Pacific City, where you’ll find miles of rugged Pacific Northwest coastline to explore, views of iconic Haystack Rock and the Great Dune at Cape Kiwanda, and an open invitation to luxuriate in the carefully chosen amenities and offerings at our special spot on the North Coast.
All listed establishments are currently open with Covid-19 regulations in place. Please check each establishment’s respected website to stay updated on current hours and offerings.