PLAN YOUR NEW YEAR’S COASTAL RETREAT
THE PERFECT OREGON COAST GETAWAY FOR THE NEW YEAR
Every season on the Oregon coast offers its own special and unique appeal, but as both year-round residents and repeat visitors can attest, there’s something especially magical and restorative about our magnificent coastal surroundings during the winter months.
Make plans to discover new adventures, unwind and take time for self-care, and find delight in a new pursuit—all while soaking up the best of the season on the North Coast.
Head Out and Explore Our Stunning Natural Surroundings
- Take a hike! The options are endless on the Oregon coast—from nearby pathways that can be explored in less than an hour to more challenging trails that climb through old-growth forests and offer inspiring views. Join our Adventure Coaches on one of our daily guided outings along our local trails. Or pick up one of our self-guiding itineraries at the Adventure Center and venture out to discover your own favorite hiking spot.
- Explore our endlessly inviting beaches that stretch north and south. For a quintessential Oregon coast view (and a great work-out!) climb atop the Great Dune at Cape Kiwanda to take in the astounding 360-degree beauty of our surroundings.
- Spend a day discovering the Three Capes Scenic Route which encompasses three beautiful state parks. Stop at Cape Meares to see its landmark lighthouse, Oregon’s largest spruce tree, and the cape’s famous Octopus tree.
- Enjoy an equally fun and meditative North Coast winter activity—agate hunting! Head to a secluded beach to search for gemstones that are hidden under the sand during summer months and uncovered by winter storms.
- Learn a new skill together. Bundle up and join Headlands Adventure Coach and resident art enthusiast, Taylor, for a Plein Air Painting session amidst our inspiring coastal surroundings.
- Experience the wonders of whale watching on the North Coast. Stop by the Adventure Center to borrow binoculars and learn more about our favorite spots to look for our magnificent visitors or join our Adventure Coaches on a special outing that will include plenty of vantage points from which to catch a glimpse of the whales as they pass by.
Stay In and Rediscover a Slower Pace
- Enjoy breakfast in bed! Share a leisurely meal carefully prepared by the Meridian team, delivered straight to your door. Try a guest favorite—our Northwest Brunch Board, featuring a Chefs selection of savory and sweet treats paired with your choice of Meridian Bloody Mary or Mimosa.
- Spend an afternoon lingering in Tidepools outdoor hot tub—ideally with a favorite beverage by your side. For the ultimate relaxation, we suggest a trip to Tidepools steam room prior to your soak! · Take time for self-care and reserve treatments at Tidepools Spa & Wellness. Consult our spa team to select your ideal spa day—perhaps a 90-minute Tidepools Rest Massage followed by an indulgent, hydrating Tidepools Glow Facial. Need more hands-on time? Add a mesmerizing wild lime scalp treatment to your experience. Afterwards, wander back to your guest room for a blissful afternoon nap
- Finally finish those last few chapters in your book—curl up in your luxuriously-cozy Frette robe, brew a cup of Steven Smith Tea and settle in for a marathon-afternoon of fireside reading.
- Curl up on your private balcony and enjoy a seasonally inspired Northwest Nightcap, specially created by our friends at A Yen for Chocolate and Bull Run Distillery.
- Share uninterrupted time with one another and find delight in the rejuvenating magic of winter storm watching from the privacy of your spacious guest room. Don’t miss one of our famous winter sunsets!